Friday, May 22, 2009

Confession #1

It's confession time. I'm a fast food junkie. It's true. I try to eat healthy, but certain fast food items just call my name. Like the Volcano Taco at Taco Bell. I don't know what it is about that lava sauce, but I just have to have it. So how do I reconcile being healthy with my cravings for fast food? First, I plan. At my next meal I'm concious of making it low in fat, calories and sodium. I don't look at one bad meal as the right to eat cruddy food for the rest of the day (or week or month.) Second, I make sure to drink plenty of water to help offset the effects of a high sodium meal. Finally, I relax and don't beat myself up. I focus on making the majority of my choices healthy ones. The occasional Volcano Taco isn't the end of the world.

1 comment:

  1. great tips. :) it's always nice when a confession turns into sage advice. ^_^

    ReplyDelete