Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Weight Maintenance Trick #1-The High Water Mark

I've maintained my goal weight for the better part of 2 years, but that's not by accident. Maintaining weight takes thought and planning, just like losing weight. One of the tricks that I use is what I call my High Water Mark. I weigh myself every Monday, and if my weight two weeks in a row is 5 pounds over my normal weight, then I know it's time to take action.
Do I need to start tracking my food again? Do I need to change my exercise routine? It's a good chance for me to take stock and either try something new or correct if I've gotten off course. By having a High Water Mark, I'm able to do something before the healthy train goes totally off the rails.
Does your High Water Mark have to be a weight? Of course not! Everyone's different. It could be a favorite pair of jeans or your 1-mile run time. As long as it's something that signals you to get back on track, it will work. Set your personal High Water Mark and maintain your own results!

No comments:

Post a Comment