Wednesday, July 8, 2009

8 Reasons to Appreciate Your Body

This list was published in the most recent issue of Shape magazine, and I thought it was too good not to share.
  1. Because it's unique; no one else has the same one.
  2. Because it's capable of extraordinary feats, enabling you to run, climb, jump, lift, squat, snuggle, and spoon.
  3. Because no matter how badly you treat it, it's willing to give you another chance.
  4. Because it's expressive, telling you how it feels (if you pay attention!) and broadcasting to others how you feel about it.
  5. Because, let's face it, confidence is pretty sexy.
  6. Because your daughter must learn to love hers. So true. I'd never want any of my gorgeous nieces to be as hard on themselves as I am on myself.
  7. Because somebody out there (or many somebodies!) admires, covets, and adores it. I see this every day in my line of work. Women with bodies that others would kill for pick apart each tiny perceived flaw instead of appreciating what they've got.
  8. Because you'll regret not loving it more later. This one hits home. Looking back, there were times in my life that I was in great shape, but I didn't appreciate it. I wish I would've enjoyed it more at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment