Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday Moves-Do A Pull up

In order to keep my workouts exciting and effective, I'm always on the lookout for new or improved exercises. That means scouring the Internet, looking through magazines, and taking classes to find new ideas and to spur my own creativity. This program from Women's Health Magazine for working your way up to doing unassisted pull ups is one of my favorites. The traditional body weight pull up, if done correctly, is a great exercise for the back and biceps. Plus, being able to do a pull up is pretty darn cool and gives a great sense of accomplishment. And it's not just for women! I used a modified version of this program for my brother, and now he's able to do pull ups on his own. He's living proof that new exercises can be a great thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment