Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Trying Something New

When it comes to working out, I have a pretty standard routine that I follow. Cardio comes from swimming, biking, or running. Period. Until Saturday. Saturday I did Zumba. Now, anyone who knows me well enough will tell you that I have zero internal sense of rhythm. Therefore, dance classes are not really my thing. However, I think that one of the best things to do to keep the routine of exercising fresh and exciting is to change it up. Trying new things and stepping out of your comfort zone is a great way to renew your commitment to your fitness routine and rediscover your passion for the act of exercising.
So, I went to Zumba class and, avoiding all mirrors, I shook my groove thing. And guess what? I had fun! I got a great cardio workout and I had a good time doing it. Not only did I find a new way to exercise, when I went back to my swimming/biking/running routine, it felt fresher. Sometimes a little change can do a lot of good.

No comments:

Post a Comment